Welcome to the Southern Region Waste Management Site.
- Green Credentials Breakfast Event 25th September National Heritage Park Wexford
- The Southern Waste Region publishes its Pre-draft Submissions Report for the New Waste Management Plan. The Southern Waste Region notified their intention to commence the preparation of a New Waste Management Plan for the Southern Waste Region in October 2013. After a two month consultation the written submissions were reviewed and the attached report was prepared.
- In order to have a better understanding of Europeanís Behaviour About Waste , Brussels Environment developed an online European waste survey. I kindly like to ask you to answer this survey (it will not take you more than 5 minutes) and to disseminate it to your contacts.
- New Greener Gardening Guide available to download here. find out how to make your garden blossom without always reaching for chemicals. This useful guide also covers planting options, water conservation and composting.
- IRISH R4R Regions for Recycling Event held on the 14th Nov 2013 was a great success with over 70 participants. The International and Irish speakers delivered very interesting presentations and each section included a very active Q & A session. All presentations are available here.
- Have you ever thought about how many chemicals you use around the home to carry out routine cleaning and maintenance tasks? Are you interested in finding out more about how to clean using fewer chemicals? If so have a look at our new guide: Greener Cleaning - Environmental Tips for domestic cleaning & hygiene. Our step by step guide takes you through the main cleaning areas and suggests alternative approaches and recipes to shop bought chemicals. We hope you find the guide useful, you may even save some money by purchasing fewer items.
- The Evaluation of the Replacement Waste Management Plan for the Limerick/Clare/Kerry Region 2006-2011 is now complete and the report indicates how policies were implemented and targets met and also considers environmental issues.